I barely brush my hair so there’s no plausible scenario in which I’ve invented this technique but it is what I do and it is easy AF. I’ll post pictures when and if my social anxiety improves 😉
- Long Hair, to taste (silky-ass doll locks optional)
- Brush, 1 (optional)
- Hands, 2
- Elastic, 1
- Bobby Pins, 3-4
- Flip your hair and brush it out, or don’t—your call.
- Gather your hair, ponytail-style, in one hand. Doesn’t matter which one but I use my non-dominant hand.
- Grab the ponytail mid-length and pull it over the hand holding the ponytail.
- Wrap the end of the ponytail around the base of the ponytail 1-3 times depending on how long your hair is* and secure it with the elastic.
- You should have created a very floppy bun—tilt it forward, fan it out a bit, muss it a little.
- Use 3-4 bobby pins to secure the hair at the base of the bun.
- God-willing, you’ve ended up with a badass messy bun.
*If you need to wrap it more than 3 times, would you email me to tell me what vitamins you take?